It was Google Goggles app was an image recognition app for mobile devices employing the technology of visual search to recognize objects with a mobile’s camera. Users snap a picture of a real object and Google searches for information and then retrieves it regarding the image.
This mobile application from Google Google Goggles mobile app is able to:
- Offer information about historic landmarks
- Barcode scanners scan barcodes as well as QR codes.
- Recognize CDs, books logos, artwork and other 2D objects
- Make contacts using business cards that you scan
- Recognize the product and perform an Google lookup for products similar to yours
- Solve Sudoku Puzzles
- Translate foreign language text
Its Google Goggles translate feature can translate text from foreign languages (like the menu for a meal) for people who visit other countries that speak English. This is an extremely useful feature for people who are the urge to travel.
Also Read: 11 Resources to Find Royalty-Free Background Music for your Marketing Videos
Google Goggles is now Google Lens
In August of 2018, Google Goggles was retired and replaced with Google Lens. The concept is similar: You is able to view or take pictures of something and Google will inform you of the details of what it is. However, while barcode-based Goggles were not without limitations, the artificial intelligence-based Lens offers more capabilities.
Apart from the previously mentioned Goggles characteristics, Lens can also:
- Know and share the latest information about restaurants and stores.
- Transcribing images of complex codes or lengthy paragraphs.
- Include events on your calendar by using an ad.
- Shop through images of clothing furniture, decor, and clothes.
- Find animals, plants and the most popular dishes.
Also Read: Quora Marketing: What is it and How to Make Use of It
Download Google Lens Mobile App. Google Lens Mobile App
Have you ever been asked by Google “If I take a picture of something can you tell me what it is?”
You have the information you need to know that yes! It’s possible to do this on any smartphone.
To Android people, download Google Lens from the Google Play Store. If you are an iPhone people, download the Google application via the App Store (not to be confused with the Google app)
To find out more information about Google Lens, you can check out the following Google Lens video on YouTube.
Also Read: 6 Instagram Analytics Tools You Need to Measure Your Progression
Download Google Goggles Mobile App
It is no longer possible to install Google Goggles. Google Goggles app, but to get a glimpse of the way Google Goggles used to look like, take a look at the following Google Goggles video on YouTube.
Also Read: Google Scholar: How to Search for Content Ideas and Research